Bully Free Program
Park Elementary is a Bully Free Zone. It is our goal to create an environment where all students feel safe. Bullying is a form of overt and aggressive behavior that is intentional, hurtful and persistent (repeated). Bullied students are teased, harassed, rejected and assaulted (verbally and/or physically) by one or more individuals. There has to be an imbalance of strength (power and dominance).
Bullying looks like the following:
- Hitting/slapping/elbowing/shouldering (slamming)
- Taking/stealing, damaging or defacing belongings/property
- Flushing someone’s head in the toilet
- Cramming someone into his locker
- Attacking with spit wads, food, etc
- Insulting remarks and put-downs
- Repeated teasing
- Racist remarks/harassment
- Threats and intimidation
- Whispering about them behind their back
If you feel that you child is experiencing repetitive bullying behaviors as outlined above, you have the right to complete Student Violence/Harassment/Intimidation/Bullying Complaint Form as outlined by HUSD#3 Policy JICK-EA. These forms can be obtained from the teacher or principal.